- Managed Industrial Ethernet Switch
5 x 10/100/1000Base-T RJ45 and 1 x 100/1000Base-X SFP
- 5 port
- 10/100/1000Base-T for Gigabit and Fast Ethernet devices
- 100/1000Base-x SFP fiber port for Gigabit or Fast Ethernet fiber connection
- Advanced switching, VLAN, encryption and IEEE 1588 PTP
- PROFINET and Modbus TCP Protocol Support
- Compact, corrosion resistant case attaches to a standard DIN Rail
- Redundant dual power input 12/24/48 VDC, 24 VAC
- Programmable Controller safety and Hazardous Location Certification
- -40 to 75C industrial operating temperature
The IDS-306 is a 6 port Managed Ethernet Switch that can operate in industrial environments providing advanced performance and enabling real-time deterministic network operation. Five 10/100/1000-Base-T Ethernet ports are available for networking Gigabit and Fast Ethernet devices. One 100/1000Base-X SFP fiber port allows for flexible network configurations using SFP transceivers supplied by Perle, Cisco or other manufacturers of MSA compliant SFPs.
Data corruption over copper-based Ethernet links can be caused by high levels of electromagnetic interference ( EMI ) in environments like industrial plants. Utilizing fiber is the solution. Data transmitted over fiber optic cable is completely immune to EMI noise ensuring optimal data transmission across the plant floor.
Perle Industrial-grade Ethernet Switches are designed to stand up to extreme temperatures, surges, vibrations, and shocks found in industrial automation, government, military, oil and gas, mining and outdoor applications.
Simple Plug and Play installation to get your Ethernet devices networked immediately is available with Perle’s Fast Setup feature. CCNA ( Cisco Certified Network Associate ) and CCNP ( Cisco Certified Network Professional ) trained engineers will appreciate the familiar Command Line Interface ( CLI ) via in-band Telnet or the out-band serial console port.
The PRO feature set in the IDS-306 is ideal for sophisticated environments where additional extensive security and network integration functionality is required.
- TACACS+ and RADIUS authentication, authorization and accounting (AAA) security services
- SSH, SNMPv3, Telnet and HTTPS secure management sessions
- IP address and IP Port number Management Access Lists (ACL)
- Password Strength Checking
- Protection of User Access Ports through IEEE 802.1x Authentication and Port Security
- Advanced protocols to optimize the performance and intelligence of the network: LLDP, GVRP, Voice VLANs, MSTP, GMRP, IPv4 IGMP Snooping and IPv6 MLD Snooping
An IPv6 address can be used to manage the IDS-306 which also supports a comprehensive set of management functions, such as MRP (IEC62439-2), PROFINET, Modbus TCP, management VLAN, QoS, RMON, N:1 port mirroring and local alert log.
Hardened to provide superior reliability in -10 to 60°C, these are rugged fan-less switches. In addition, every component on every industrial (XT) model has been designed and tested to handle operating temperatures between -40 and 75C.
All Perle Industrial Ethernet Switches only use high-end components from the leading chip manufacturers to ensure the highest level of durability and reliability. In addition, all units have a corrosion resistance aluminum case and dual redundant power input with reverse polarity and overload protection.
Perle has been designing industrial hardware for over 35 years and have used this expertise to design the toughest Ethernet switches on the market that will keep your system running for years to come.
IDS-306 Industrial Managed DIN Rail Switch Features
Zero-touch discovery using Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP), Perle’s “Fast Setup” for first time installation, provides simple deployment in Ethernet environments
802.1X, port security, Secure Shell (SSHv2); SNMPv3 provides encrypted administrator traffic during CLI and SNMP sessions; TACACS+ and RADIUS authentication facilitate centralized control and restrict unauthorized users.
Industrial Ethernet Protocol Support
Manage Perle IDS-300 switches via PLC, NMS, HMI or SCADA systems using PROFINET or Modbus TCP.
Rugged design for harsh environments
Real-time Ethernet performance
Energy Efficient Ethernet ( EEE )
Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) as per 802.3az provides power savings during idle network activity.